Because the Russia-Ukraine warfare enters its one hundred and tenth day, we check out the primary developments.
Listed below are the important thing occasions to date on Monday, June 13.
Get the newest replace right here.
- Russian forces have blown up a bridge over the Siverskyi Donets River, which links the cities of Severodonetsk and Lysychansk, reducing off a potential evacuation route for civilians, native officers stated.
- The Institute for the Research of Conflict (ISW) stated Russian forces ought to, in precept, be in search of to grab bridges moderately than destroy them since they’ve struggled to get throughout the Siverskyi Donets River up to now.
- The self-proclaimed officers additionally celebrated Russia Day on Sunday and commenced issuing Russian passports to residents in Melitopol, Russian state-owned RIA Novosti information company stated.
- Moscow-backed officers are solidifying their maintain on occupied territories by putting in Russian flags in and round Melitopol and Mariupol, with the signal to the port metropolis’s entrance painted within the Russian flag colors.
- Amnesty Worldwide accused Russia of warfare crimes in Ukraine’s second-largest metropolis Kharkiv. Lots of of civilians have been killed in Russian cluster bomb assaults, the rights physique stated.
- Ukraine has uncovered sabotage actions amongst 50 folks in Lysychansk who had been leaking Ukraine’s operational info to Russian forces to assist Moscow with its offensive, the governor of Luhansk stated.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy stated Moscow’s techniques had not modified within the warfare and that poorly-trained Russian reserves had been now being deployed within the battle for Donbas, the place “each metre” is being fought over.
- Safety considerations raised by Turkey in its opposition to Finland and Sweden becoming a member of NATO are professional, NATO Secretary-Basic Jens Stoltenberg stated throughout a go to to Finland.
- European Fee President Ursula von der Leyen met President Zelenskyy in Kyiv to debate Ukraine’s candidacy for European Union membership that might be introduced by the tip of the week.
- The chance of nuclear warfare is greater immediately than ever for the reason that top of the Chilly Conflict, an arms analysis institute concluded.
The human value of the warfare
- Zelenskyy claimed Russian casualties for the reason that begin of the warfare might move 40,000 in June.
- The governor of Luhansk stated about 500 civilians stay in hiding on the Azot chemical plant in Severodonetsk.
- Three folks had been killed in Lysychansk on Sunday, together with a six-year-old boy, and one individual was injured, the governor of Luhansk stated.
- Russian forces’ assaults on a residential space in Kryvyi Rih area of Dnipropetrovsk killed one girl and wounded 5 peope, the top of the Kryvyi Rih army administration stated.
- Russian-owned successor of McDonald’s opened in Moscow three months after McDonald’s suspended operations in Russia.
- Ukraine has established two routes by way of Poland and Romania to export grain and avert a world meals disaster though bottlenecks have slowed the availability chain, Ukraine’s deputy overseas minister stated.
- QatarEnergy signed a partnership take care of TotalEnergies for the North Subject East enlargement of the world’s largest liquefied pure gasoline (LNG) mission as Europe seeks options to Russian power.