Because the Russia-Ukraine warfare enters its 132nd day, we check out the primary developments.
Listed below are the important thing occasions thus far on Tuesday, July 5.
Get the most recent updates right here.
- Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy mentioned his troops have “no various” however to “push again and destroy the offensive potential” of Russian forces, because the battle strikes from Luhansk to close by Donetsk.
- Ukrainian forces that retreated from Lysychansk at the moment are holding the road between Bakhmut and Sloviansk, getting ready to fend off an additional Russian advance, Luhansk governor Serhiy Haidai mentioned.
- President Vladimir Putin congratulated Russian troops on “liberating” the jap Ukrainian area of Luhansk.
- Not less than 345 kids have died in Ukraine because of Russia’s invasion and 644 have been wounded, the prosecutor common’s workplace reported.
- Swedish Prime Minister Magdalena Andersson met Ukraine’s president in Kyiv, with the 2 events signing a joint assertion on defence and power cooperation.
- Russian international minister Sergey Lavrov will fly to Hanoi on Tuesday for a two-day go to to Vietnam earlier than heading to a G20 assembly later this week in Indonesia, the Vietnamese authorities mentioned.
- Zelenskyy thanked the Worldwide Olympic Committee (IOC) for supporting a ban on Russian groups and athletes competing in most Olympic sports activities.
- Putin didn’t congratulate President Joe Biden on the US’ Independence Day on July 4 as a result of “unfriendly” relations, the Kremlin mentioned.
- Ukraine wants $750bn for a restoration plan, Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal instructed a Ukraine Restoration Convention hosted by Switzerland.
- Ukraine is holding talks with Turkey and the United Nations to safe ensures for grain exports from Ukrainian ports, Zelenskyy mentioned.
- Britain mentioned it will on Tuesday introduce new financial, commerce and transport sanctions on Belarus over its help for Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, and in addition sanctioned six Russians it mentioned have been spreading disinformation.
- Belarus mentioned it was freezing international shareholdings in 190 Belarusian firms, together with the software program engineering firm EPAM Techniques and Lukoil Belarus, in response to Western sanctions.