Because the Russia-Ukraine battle enters its 158th day, we check out the principle developments.
Listed here are the important thing occasions to date on Saturday, July 30.
Get the most recent updates right here.
- A senior official in Russian-annexed Crimea accused Ukraine of finishing up a drone assault earlier than deliberate celebrations to mark Russia’s Navy Day, injuring 5 and forcing the cancellation of festivities.
- “An unidentified object flew into the courtyard of the fleet’s headquarters,” Mikhail Razvozhayev, governor of Sevastopol, residence to Russia’s Black Sea fleet, wrote on the Telegram messaging software.
- Mykolaiv Mayor Oleksandr Senkevych stated the southern Ukrainian metropolis had been hit by heavy Russian strikes in a single day, with two folks confirmed killed and three wounded. He wrote earlier on Telegram that the Mykolaiv strikes have been “most likely essentially the most highly effective of your entire time [of the war]”.
- The southern metropolis of Nikopol additionally got here below heavy assault, the governor of Dnipropetrovsk, Valentyn Reznichenko, wrote on Telegram. He stated as much as 50 rockets hit residential areas in Nikopol on Sunday morning, wounding one man and damaging houses and gasoline and water pipes.
- Ukraine’s authorities has selected a compulsory evacuation of individuals within the japanese Donetsk area, the scene of fierce preventing with Russia, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy stated on Saturday.
- The potential of the primary grain-exporting ship leaving Ukraine’s ports on Monday is excessive, a spokesperson for Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan stated on Sunday.
- Talking in an interview with broadcaster Kanal 7, Ibrahim Kalin stated the joint coordination centre in Istanbul will most likely full the ultimate work on the exporting routes very quickly.
- Russia and Ukraine are main international wheat suppliers, and the UN-brokered settlement they signed in Istanbul final week is meant to ease the meals disaster and cut back international grain costs which have risen because the Russian invasion.
- Zelenskyy stated Ukraine’s harvest might be half its traditional quantity this yr because of the Russian invasion. “Ukrainian harvest this yr is below the risk to be twice much less,” Zelenskyy wrote on Twitter. “Our important aim – to stop international meals disaster attributable to Russian invasion.”
- Russia’s Gazprom stated its provide of gasoline to Europe by Ukraine by way of the Sudzha entry level was seen at 42.2 million cubic metres (mcm) on Sunday, up from 42.1mcm seen a day earlier. An software to provide gasoline by way of the Sokhranovka entry level was rejected by Ukraine, Gazprom stated.
- Russia’s international ministry denounced the “outrageous” behaviour of a Norwegian consul in Russia, after safety footage of her insulting Russians at a resort reception was shared on social media.
- Russia has invited specialists from the United Nations and the Crimson Cross to analyze the deaths of dozens of Ukrainian prisoners in a jail held by Moscow-backed separatists, the defence ministry stated.
- In a press release, the ministry stated it was appearing “within the pursuits of conducting an goal investigation” into what it referred to as an assault on the jail earlier within the week.