Because the Russia-Ukraine battle enters its 159th day, we check out the principle developments.
Listed below are the important thing occasions thus far on Monday, August 1.
Get the most recent updates right here.
- The primary ship carrying Ukrainian grain departed the port metropolis of Odesa for Lebanon, in line with Turkey’s defence ministry.
- An announcement from the United Nations mentioned the Sierra Leone-flagged cargo ship, Razoni, was carrying greater than 26,000 tonnes of corn.
- Mykolaiv Mayor Oleksandr Senkevych mentioned greater than 12 missile strikes, most likely probably the most highly effective on the town in 5 months of the battle, hit properties and faculties, with two folks confirmed killed and three wounded.
- Grain tycoon Oleksiy Vadatursky, founder and proprietor of agriculture firm Nibulon, and his spouse have been killed of their house, Mykolaiv Governor Vitaliy Kim mentioned on Telegram.
- In Russian-occupied Sevastopol, 5 Russian navy employees members have been wounded in an explosion after a presumed drone flew into the courtyard of Russia’s Black Sea Fleet, the Crimean port metropolis’s governor, Mikhail Razvozhayev, advised Russian media.
- The Sevastopol assault coincided with Russia’s Navy Day, which President Vladimir Putin marked by asserting that the navy would obtain what he referred to as “formidable” hypersonic Zircon cruise missiles within the coming months.
- The southern Ukrainian metropolis of Nikopol additionally got here beneath heavy assault, the governor of Dnipropetrovsk, Valentyn Reznichenko, wrote on Telegram.
- Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy referred to as for the evacuation from the jap Donetsk area.
- The UK says Russia continued to aim tactical assaults on the Bakhmut axis in jap Ukraine during the last 4 days, however managed solely to make sluggish progress.
- Zelenskyy mentioned Ukraine’s harvest may very well be half its traditional measurement this 12 months as a result of Russian invasion.
- The UK says international corporations holding property within the nation should determine their true house owners in an official register as a part of a crackdown on Russian oligarchs and corrupt elites laundering illicit wealth.